The Ethernet Alliance Announces 2022 Officers and Board of Directors
Newly elected leadership greeted by thriving Ethernet ecosystem and transformative advances including Power over Ethernet, Single-Pair Ethernet, and speeds of up to 1.6 Tb/s
BEAVERTON, OR, JULY 14, 2022 – The Ethernet Alliance, a global consortium dedicated to the continued success and advancement of Ethernet technologies, today announced its Board of Directors and officers for 2022. With the accelerating pace of technology innovation, increasing standardization activities, and the imminent arrival of higher speeds ranging up to 1.6 Tb/s, the organization’s leadership is at the forefront of today’s flourishing Ethernet ecosystem.
“One of Ethernet’s best traits is its ability to swiftly adapt to changing demands across applications, while resolutely maintaining its hallmark interoperability,” said Ethernet Alliance chair, Peter Jones of Cisco Systems, Inc. “From enterprises, to operational technology networks, to automotive, to edge computing, Ethernet delivers reliable performance up and down the value chain. The Ethernet Alliance is committed to its role as the Voice of Ethernet, and promoting Ethernet’s continued growth and expansion.”
Elected during its annual membership meeting in June 2022, the Ethernet Alliance is pleased to announce the 2022 Board of Directors:
- Peter Jones, Cisco Systems, Inc. – Chair and Board of Directors
- Chris Lyon, Amphenol Corporation – President and Board of Directors
- Jeffery Maki, Juniper Networks, Inc. – Treasurer and Board of Directors
- Carl Wilson, Intel Corporation – Secretary and Board of Directors
- David J. Rodgers, EXFO Inc. – Board of Directors
- John Calvin, Keysight Technologies, Inc. – Board of Directors
- Craig Carlson, Marvell Technology, Inc. – Board of Directors
- Dave Estes, Spirent Communications plc – Board of Directors
- Kishore Racherla, Broadcom Inc. – Board of Directors
Additionally, the Ethernet Alliance confirmed the following committee and subcommittee chairs:
- George Zimmerman, CME Consulting – Technical Chair
- David Tremblay, Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company – Power over Ethernet (PoE) Certification and Subcommittee Chair
- Orshi Abraham, Spirent Communications plc – Marketing Chair
- David J. Rodgers, EXFO Inc. – Events and Conferences Chair
- Pavel Zivny, Tektronix, Inc. – High-Speed Networking Subcommittee Co-Chair
- Sam Johnson, Intel Corporation – High-Speed Networking Subcommittee Co-Chair
- Bob Voss, Panduit Corporation – Single-Pair Ethernet Subcommittee Chair
- Mark Nowell, Cisco Systems, Inc. – Advisory Board Subcommittee Chair
The organization has marked a number of successes thus far in 2022, including its OFC 2022 multi-vendor interoperability demonstration and the Spring High-Speed Networking (HSN) Plugfest. The next plugfest event is scheduled for the second week of October 2022. The October plugfest will focus on upper layer interoperability testing in addition to further physical layer conformance. Companies interested in participating in this next plugfest event should contact the Ethernet Alliance.
For more information about the Ethernet Alliance, please visit our website, view the Voices of Ethernet interview collection, download the 2022 Ethernet Roadmap, read the blog and newsletter, and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
About the Ethernet Alliance
The Ethernet Alliance is a global consortium that includes system and component vendors, industry experts, and university and government professionals who are committed to the continued success and expansion of Ethernet technology. The Ethernet Alliance takes Ethernet standards to market by supporting activities that span from incubation of new Ethernet technologies to interoperability demonstrations and education. The organization’s plans may be found on the Events page of its website.
Interprose for Ethernet Alliance