The Ethernet Alliance Power over Ethernet (PoE) Certification Program strives for enabling faster PoE installations with zero interoperability issues and clear visual brandings.
Ultimately, the beneficiaries of this program will span across the entire PoE business ecosystem – including component manufactures, system vendors, and ultimately the customers. The benefits themselves are best summarized into 5 core categories:
- Reducing Installation Time
- Improving Customer Support at Lower Cost
- Improving End-Customer Perception of PoE (and, thus, adoption)
- Reducing Overall Evaluation Costs
- Alleviating Additional Development Costs
These benefits are explained in much greater detail by reading The “Interoperability Inside” Logo, an article published on Electronic Design, and best summarized in the following table.